Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

If you knew you couldn't fail....




What would you do?

I kinda live in fear of failure every day.  Not because I'm failing (I actually have straight A's), but just the "what if this doesn't work out, it gets to be too much, if I can't handle the work load, if I won't be able to work, what if I graduate and then fail state boards, what if we have to move and I stay here to finish school and the hubby moves somewhere else until I'm done."

Yeah, all of that.

So I fear the "what ifs" in the back of my mind.

But what if you knew you couldn't fail?

I think small amounts of fear is good for us, but overly fearful can be quite stressful.  I try to go day to day without the fear of failure, but it's hard sometimes.

So what would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
I'd be an orthopedic doctor in sports medicine.  That's what I'd do.

4 comments:

  1. You know what I'd do. Vet school. That's not the part that scares me though. I know I'd do well in school and I know I'd be a great vet. My fear would always be, "What if today is the day that I get arrested for beating the shit out of someone for mistreating their animal?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, yeah, but I'd help you beat the shit out of them too. I cannot stand people who mistreat animals, they should have the shit beat out of them and then all limbs removed while they are still conscious from the beating they receive (all while being tied to a tree)....OH and if they are male, the balls will also be removed by yours truly...

      Delete
  2. Why do you think you live in that fear of failure every day? Perfectionist tendencies? I am way too easy going on myself, and think I need more of that fear. To push me... to try things.

    This is kind of dumb, but I would totally try to run a sub 4:00 marathon is I knew I wouldn't fail! But I have bonked all FIVE marathons I have run. Sigh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kim, I'm am so OCD. I feel the need to be perfect 100% of the time. I am not easy on myself at all. I'm quite hard, and I've actually improved over the last year. Mostly due to concerned family members (husband, mom) so I've been a little more lax than usual. I think I'm like that mostly because I have more to lose if I don't succeed. I am more hard on the things I know I can improve on (school mostly) because that is something that is in my complete control.

      So yeah, that's why I am the way I am...

      Delete