Okay, lets get back to this months training!!
Running 62.8 miles Up from 48.5 miles in January
Biking 44.3 miles Down from 72.8 miles
Rowing 22,852.7 meters 14.2 miles Up from 13.3 miles
I've found it's hard to increase my biking AND running. I like them both so much, so I'm trying to make it work. I have to have the cross training, but my biking got put on the back burner this month. I'm still trying to love rowing, but it's so hard. I'm getting better, but it's hard to like something that is so difficult!! (Kinda like the relationship I had with running in the beginning!!)
What's been going on in February?
- I've still been doing the brick workouts. I've added more weights with some new exercises to keep it fresh. Lots of squats too, and lots of upper body. I can see some definition in my arms, and I like it!!! I still want my wings to go away, so I'm still rowing....
- I credit the rowing to my stronger physic. I feel stronger. I am stronger. I can run faster, I can workout longer and harder. My core feels stronger. I've noticed I sit up a little straighter too! And some of my all too disgusting back fat is gone!!! YAY!!
- I'm still in school, and I've finished one of my classes (it was only half a semester). I feel like I'm finally finding my routine, of course I'm halfway done with this semester...
- I found out I may have to quit my job come summer since my school schedule is a little different than what I anticipated.
- I'm still nervous about our near future as I expressed in January. Nothing has changed in that department.
- We planned our trip for J's spring break. We try to go somewhere every year.
What's coming up in March?
- The hubs and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary!!!! In lieu of gifts this year, we've agreed to take the day off work and spend it at the spa.....I can't freaking wait!
- I'll be doing my official weigh in on March 7th. As of today, I've lost two pounds (I went to the doctor, I did NOT weigh myself!) Of course we all know that can change on the day I actually weigh and measure.
- I may run the local 10 miler. I've been injured, so I've not been able to run all week, and the race is in two weeks. It will depend on my shoulder if I do it or not.
So that's it! I'm still holding true to my goals for the year!!
What do you do when you have an injury? Are you more likely to take time off, or do you still do the same things even if it hurts?
I used to keep on going, but the older I get the more I realize it's smarter to just take time off. I'm older and wiser I suppose!