Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

A few things have been going on.  My mind is a bit jumbled, so a Tuesday Tidbit is in order!

- I measured myself on Monday morning.  I've been meaning to do it for a while.  The hubby bought a kit last summer that had a measuring tape and a caliper to measure the percent body fat.  Now I'm no expert, but I followed the directions and wrote them all down (as of now, I will keep my numbers for my eyes only).  I plan to do it the first of every month to see if I see the measurements go down.  I'm determined to get leaner!  The measurements will keep me accountable.

It looks way scarier than it is.  Well maybe not the numbers you get...that was kinda scary for me...


- Killer (rowing machine) and I have been getting reacquainted again.  We are not the best of friends.  Matter of fact, he's not my friend at all.  I know he'll give me what I want if I work for it (and trust me, he's gonna make me work for it!!), so I've decided he's gonna be my frenemy.  What you don't know what frenemy is?  Wiki says this about frenemy:

"Frenemy" (alternately spelled "frienemy") is a portmanteau of "friend" and "enemy" that can refer to either an enemy disguised as a friend or someone who's both a friend and a rival.

- I've also added some weights to the routine as well.  I did squats Sunday.  You know the muscles that hurt the next day when you do squats?  The ones you use to get on and off the toilet.  You kinda get close and just drop the bootie and hope for the best.  Yep, that's where I'm at.

- I'm in L-O-V-E with Trader Joe's.  I mean for real.  Like crazy love.  We finally got one in my city, and I had to see what all the hype was about.  I only bought a few things to try out.  Needless to say, I went again today.  It wasn't at all what I thought it would be.  It was way better.  I'm lovin' the Roasted Garlic Hummus!!  OMG!!  Best. Thing. EVER!!  Wanna know the best part?  NO ONE in my house likes Hummus!!  YAY!!  Mine.  All mine!!!  I'm actually treating myself to some at this moment!

Seriously tasty!  
These are a fav as well, for the whole family, the box didn't last one day.  Good thing I hid the other one!!  



- I did my first ever brick workout today.  Umm, yeah, thought I might die.  Bike, run, row, in that order.  No stopping between.  Then I did some squats and lifted a little for the arms.  I wonder if I'll be able to move any part of my body tomorrow.

- I put up a shoe rack in our closet today.  We've had it for about a month, maybe longer.  I couldn't take seeing it on the floor of the closet any more and shoes everywhere!!!!  It wasn't that hard to put up, I did it all by myself, and I'm thinking of adding more to the closet this week.  My husband is a shoe freak.  I believe he may have more shoes than me, but that's not saying much.  I'm not a shoe person really.  I'm more of a jean, t-shirt, running shoe type girl.



2 comments:

  1. Checking measurements once a month is such a good idea! And I love reading about all your different workouts, and your frenemy. LOL. Sometimes I do strength then run. I wonder if that counts as a brick. Hmm.

    Ahh, TJ's! I wish there was one closer to my house! They have the best stuff. A lot of vegan options for me too. Dark chocolate covered everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so not crazy about the measurements, but I needed to do it. It was a wake up call for sure!

    And yes strength then running DOES count as a brick! Brick is just a combo of two different exercises, so I'd say yes! (Although some triathletes would probably disagree...)

    Trader Joe's will be on my weekly grocery stop! They have so many options, TONS of vegan options, and a lot of it is for healthy eating! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete