Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Training

As promised, this is my monthly training post, I decided to do this so I can be accountable for doing my body good.

This month I've focused on cross training, and training Oscar to run with me.  Wanna see how it went down?

Running- 48.5 miles
Biking- 72.8 miles
Rowing- 21,404.3 meters (13.3 miles) <----------  WOW!

I did LOTS of brick workouts, which were so hard at first, but I've grown to love them!!!  My running mileage is low, but higher than November.  I ran with Oscar most of that time, and I've added speed work in the mix as well (although some of the runs with Oscar could be considered speed work!!).  I rowed ALOT this month, way more than I thought!  I have lifted weights at least three times a week too, it's not my favorite part, but it has to be done.

As far as personal life goes, it's been a little crazy in that department too!

- I started a new job, that I LOVE!  (I even have my own desk AND computer!)

- I started the nursing program this month too!  I've met some cool peeps, all 7 of them!

- I've made an effort to be more present.  This is hard sometimes, but I'm working on it!

- We've been forced to think of the near future, and that makes me nervous to say the least.

- It has snowed several days here, which I get super excited about!  Although running in snow is hard!

What's coming up in February?

Well lets see....

- I'll be doing my official weigh in and measurements on February 7th, that will be one month exactly.

- The hubby and I will be celebrating his "being home for 12 months in a row!!!"  WOO HOO!!!!

- I'm going to make a conscious effort to eat better.  That is not going to be easy, but it needs to be done.

- I'll continue to work on cross training, eating well, and being more present.  I'm a work in progress to say the least.

- I'm going to try and get my running and biking mileage up a bit, and rowing too.  I can literally feel myself getting stronger, inside and out.

2 comments:

  1. Damn! January was a killer month! I am so happy you love work and school. Not to be negative, but you never know how people are going to end up, so it's super cool that the nursing peeps are, well, cool! :)

    You are making me want to get a on rower (<-- that sounds kind of dirty, lol).

    I hope the near future things turn out ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not being negative, just honest! I get so nervous about those things, I mean the job and school could be good, but if the people are crap, it's going to be horrible!

      Rowing is so hard, but fun at the same time. I can see the muscles in my arms now, so it's paying off! (I have a mirror in a cabinet downstairs and look over occasionally so I can see my arms while I row!)

      And you dirty, dirty girl!

      Delete