As promised, this is my monthly training post, I decided to do this so I can be accountable for doing my body good.
This month I've focused on cross training, and training Oscar to run with me. Wanna see how it went down?
Running- 48.5 miles
Biking- 72.8 miles
Rowing- 21,404.3 meters (13.3 miles) <---------- WOW!
I did LOTS of brick workouts, which were so hard at first, but I've grown to love them!!! My running mileage is low, but higher than November. I ran with Oscar most of that time, and I've added speed work in the mix as well (although some of the runs with Oscar could be considered speed work!!). I rowed ALOT this month, way more than I thought! I have lifted weights at least three times a week too, it's not my favorite part, but it has to be done.
As far as personal life goes, it's been a little crazy in that department too!
- I started a new job, that I LOVE! (I even have my own desk AND computer!)
- I started the nursing program this month too! I've met some cool peeps, all 7 of them!
- I've made an effort to be more present. This is hard sometimes, but I'm working on it!
- We've been forced to think of the near future, and that makes me nervous to say the least.
- It has snowed several days here, which I get super excited about! Although running in snow is hard!
What's coming up in February?
Well lets see....
- I'll be doing my official weigh in and measurements on February 7th, that will be one month exactly.
- The hubby and I will be celebrating his "being home for 12 months in a row!!!" WOO HOO!!!!
- I'm going to make a conscious effort to eat better. That is not going to be easy, but it needs to be done.
- I'll continue to work on cross training, eating well, and being more present. I'm a work in progress to say the least.
- I'm going to try and get my running and biking mileage up a bit, and rowing too. I can literally feel myself getting stronger, inside and out.