Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goals for 2013!!

Not resolutions, goals.  I don't believe in resolutions, those are things meant to be broken.  When you google resolution and goal this is what you get:

Resolution: A firm decision to do or not to do something.

Goal:  The result or achievement toward which effort is directed.


Yeah, I like goal way better...

Anyway, now that your English lesson is over for today, I will resume my "goals" for 2013.


Goals for Running/Exercise related:

- I will run 4 MCM series races this year:
17.75K - (all finishers get guaranteed MCM admission)
Historic Half - I've always wanted to do this race, it's super close to my birthday.
Run Amuck - I ran this last year with the hubby.  It was the most difficult 3.5 miles of my life.  It was
also the best 3.5 miles of my life.  I was so dirty and muddy, but I loved every single minute.
MCM - Yes, I will attempt to do 26.2 again this year (possibly, the jury is still out on this one).  I'm a
glutton for punishment.  But is it really punishment if you actually enjoy it?  Nah, I didn't think so.

- I will do more biking this year.  I did okay on this last year when I got White Lightning (mid June).  I did have to let up a bit on the bike due to marathon training, but I've been on her a lot lately, and we've gotten reacquainted again.  She still loves me and totally understands my absence.

-  I will get on Killer (rowing machine) at least twice a week.  I know what he can do for me, and if I want those freaking bad ass arms, he's gonna be my ticket.  (Along with weights as well, I know)

- PR in all distances this year.  I did this last year (to my surprise) and I plan on making this year no exception.

- Run 4 the Wounded 5K in under 26:00.  Now that's not a hard goal one might say, but this is a trail race, so if I can get a sub 26:00, I'll be happy.  I was super disappointed last year when I ran a 28:xx.

- Sprint triathlon.  Possibly.  MCM series is doing one for the first time this year.  I don't have to register until May, and the race is in August.  It's a pool swim, so I'm way more comfortable with that than open water.  To be honest, open water scares the hell out of me.  I'm not sure if triathlon is in the cards this year if I do the marathon mostly because July, August, and September are huge mileage months during training.  I want to do one so bad.  Swimming will be my biggest challenge.

- Be wiser training.  Eat well, rest well, and enjoy the training.  Realize nothing is sweeter than crossing the finish line knowing you gave it everything you got.

- Continue to eat a balanced diet.  I cut out all red meat from my diet in July 2011.  I did the vegetarian thing for a while, but realized it really wasn't for me.  I do love chicken.  I cannot deny.  I don't eat any other types of meat though, just chicken.

- Be accountable.  I'm going to post my monthly mileage and cross training at the end of each month.  If  I do that, then maybe I'll be more motivated to do it all.

Goals for personal self:

- Still work on living like the Honey Badger.  She's pretty bad ass, and well, I want to be more like her.  I did a good job last year living like her, but I need to be MORE like her.

- Strive to be a great wife, awesome mom, and good student.  I'll be starting official nursing classes in a few weeks, and if it's anything like last time I was in nursing school, I may very well lose my mind.  I'm hoping this time around being a nurse for over 10 years will help me.  (I'm sure I've also picked up some bad habits in the "real nursing world", but I can correct those)

- Realize that most people never change, and you cannot make everyone love you.  I've shed many tears trying desperately to get people to like me.  I'm not gonna shed any more tears.  If you don't like me, that's fine.  You're missing out, because I'm pretty freaking awesome.

- Be more present and have more patience.


So those are my goals.  Not too scary I don't think.  I think with hard work and determination I can get it done.

Does anyone have any advice on the marathon training if I do the sprint triathlon (400M swim, 9 mile bike, 5K run)?  Is it a good idea or should I just wait until next year?  I'm still up in the air about it, I don't want to focus on one race and not do so well in the other.  The sprint triathlon will be mid August and MCM is late October.  Advice is more than welcome!!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment