- I've had a great week. I am officially done with school for a month, and I worked with my buddies. I haven't run much, just three days this week, I plan on a long run tomorrow, but with the wind and cold, not sure if I'll want to get out of the bed.
- We exchanged gifts at work yesterday. I had an awesome secret Santa. I knew who it was immediately when I opened the gift. Only one person in the whole world knows my favorite brand nail polish, and she got me three new colors. And a box of goodies for an at home pedi. Not sure if she's trying to say I have jacked up feet or not. But whatever, I do, I'm a runner, and I have a black toenail (dang you MCM training!!!), but I also have them painted black.
|Gumdrop. Seriously. LOVE!!!!|
- Because I've been out of school, my house is a little cleaner, and so is my brain. I needed a brain break.
- The events from last Friday have played a HUGE part in my thoughts this week. I've been more present in the kiddo's life. Embracing every moment, hanging on to every hug just a little longer. It is such a tragedy, and I've learned to live in the moment a little more. And to love a little more too.
- I seriously cannot WAIT for Christmas! I'm so glad the hubby is home and we get to enjoy our holiday together. We will be staying home this year, which in all of my 33 years, I've never not seen my parents on Christmas. I'm still not sure how I feel about that. Even when we lived overseas we came to America for the holidays. It'll be different. And quiet.
- I learned how to make pretty bows for the Christmas presents this year. I also buy coordinating wrapping paper each year. My husband didn't get the memo.
|Beautifully wrapped presents, can you figure out which ones the hubby wrapped?|
- I'm still wearing my minimalist shoes. Not sure how far I'll be going tomorrow (if I even get my lazy butt out of the bed) so I'll be wearing my Nikes for the run. And about a bazillion layers of clothes.
- I'm also staying far, far, FAR, away from all things, mall, Target, or anywhere someone can buy presents. I'm staying home. All weekend. Unless we go to dinner.
How do you spend the holidays? Do you always travel to see family or just stay home?