- I voted today. I feel as though it is my given right as an American to do so. Those who don't suck.
- I thought my legs would be all super duper by now since the marathon was nine days ago. Boy am I wrong. I ran a sluggish 3 last Thursday, a slow and steady 6 Sunday, and another slow and steady 3 today. I still feel awkward if that makes any sense.
- I'm stressing about the above tidbit due to the fact I have a half marathon in Richmond Saturday. Last year I did a 2:06:48, and I was really hoping for a sub 2. I don't think that's gonna happen, but I'll run it anyway since I need to do a long run, and why not do it with a bunch of people?
- My new shoes will be in tomorrow. Hopefully they will give me my speed back and put a little bounce in my step for Richmond!
- I have approximately 5 weeks of school left for this semester, and I've busted balls to get where I am. It's paid off, and I currently have all A's and B's (with an A in Chemistry and World Literature, never thought I'd see an A in either of those classes). I just hope school can hold my attention for a little longer.
- Speaking of school, I'll know November 15th if I got into the transition nursing program. I'm currently an LPN, hoping to get into the RN program. If you don't already know, nursing is HIGHLY competitive. **crosses fingers**
- I put my tree up this past weekend. Some people think I'm weird. I put it up for my husband. He loves this time of year, especially Christmas. Since he is only home about every other holiday season he asked if we could put it up earlier than usual. Who am I to say we can't? I LOVE my tree. It stays in a box all year only to be put on display for a month. Not our tree! She'll be on display for two months!
- Oh and I'm overly excited about our new movie theater opening up this weekend!!! We have some shit-tastic theaters here, and we deserved a new one. Our 14 screen IMAX opens this weekend, and we'll be there to watch Skyfall. Can't. Freaking. Wait.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
I've seen many bloggers do a "Tuesday Tidbit" post. I often wondered why. Well now I know. It's easy peasy lemon squeezy.