Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday Tibits!

It is Tuesday...right?

My baby brother had a baby almost 2 weeks ago.  It is weird to think that my baby brother who is 8 years younger than me had a baby.  I knew he'd have a kid one day, but I didn't realize how much I would want to be there until it was all said and done.  I just figured I would just be happy with pics and texts and go on about my day.  It was like that for the other nieces and nephews, but this one was different, this one was MY baby brothers baby.  Kinda like my flesh and blood.  Although nursing school has me busy, I still think about him often, and love the pics they send me all the time.  I feel a little bit closer, even if I can't be there, he kinda makes me feel like I am.

Wanna meet the adorable little fella??  I thought so...





School is going good.  I am exhausted most of the time mentally and physically.  I go to bed around 8:30-9:00 most evenings, sneak in a nap or two, and I don't see my family much.  I know soon (86 days to be exact) it will be over.  Only to start my next degree in the summer.  I have a plan to be finished with my at least my masters by 40, will I make it?  I dunno.

Here is L, she's one of my nursing besties!

It is supposed to snow here like it did in 2009.  I was here in 2009, alone.  My hubby was deployed and I was here for the event of the century.  This morning they said on the news, "we haven't seen this type of snow storm in 5 years"  I thought to myself, dang 5 years?  Already?  I've lived here for 5 years?  I haven't lived anywhere that long since I was a child!  That's awesome!  Hahaha.  In the midst of a possible snow storm, I'm thinking about how long I've lived in Virginia.  Crazy.


Not too scary...right?

I ran yesterday for the first time in weeks!!  I have been battling PF for some time, and I couldn't take it any longer.  I forgot how running makes me do the #2 almost immediately.  I need to be more prepared next time!

My running partner Stephanie is afraid of the cold.  She doesn't like to be cold, so we haven't run together in almost a month.  I think it is because I have extra insulation on my body and she doesn't, so she may be colder than me.  She's an itty bitty thing!!  (Steph, I totally know you're reading this in hopes you'll decide to go with me!!)  I get it, it IS cold, even colder when we try to run, and dark.  But come on!!  I miss you!!!

So that is a brief update.  I'm kinda putting off studying for my OB exam scheduled for Thursday in hopes that is snows a ton and I cannot leave my house for days!

What do you buy at the grocery store before a big storm?

I'm going tomorrow to get spinach (for smoothies) and other fruits and veggies to make juices!!  Target has been out of milk for the past day, but we don't drink milk, so we are good.  And I bought bread a few days ago.  Why is it that people buy milk and bread?  I don't understand!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Congrats to your baby bro! What a cutie!

    Keep us updated on the storm! I would just get the normal groceries... maybe extra oreos (duh).

    The friend I ran with yesterday hates running in the cold and I think she has the lack of insulation issue too. I felt fine! LOL.

    ReplyDelete