Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

GIVE ME ALL THE ORANGES!!

Do you have a moment that only comes every once in a while where you think...

"It would be amazing I could get my hands on some xyz"

Well that moment for me is oranges.

I'm not even sure why.  I was making juice the other day and an orange went into one, and after I peeled it I helped myself to a few.  OMG!  I couldn't stop eating it.  I had to peel another to put in there.  I had no idea I needed an orange that bad.  

I have a story about oranges actually.  

When I ran my first marathon (MCM) we were at mile 11 and there was a stand with Marines handing out oranges.  I took a few and kept trucking.  Then when I bit into it...it was as though that oranges was like nectar to my lips.  It seriously almost melted on my lips.  Hell, it probably did.  I even made said to my running partners, "That was the best orange in the entire world".  Crazy the thoughts that go through your brain during a marathon.  I mean seriously.  And orange?  Yup.

I'm sure my craving is coming from some sort of Vitamin C deficiency or something, but OMG, they are delicious!!!

So here's to the orange:




 Thank you for being so yummy!

Are you eating your oranges?  Or another food that all of the sudden you cannot live without?

5 comments:

  1. Man! I was staring at some clementines at Target today and now I really, really wish I had bought a case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, don't fight the urge!! Go buy those clementines!!!

      Delete
    2. I did buy a box of clementines btw. They have made my whole family happy :D

      Delete
  2. LOL! I love those pics!!! Funny thing... I have run marathons so slowly that they run out of oranges by the time I get there! Then I am super disappointed! I am happy that didn't happen to you!

    And that is a good thing to be addicted to you. Hmm, I get that way with fresh fruit, too. And oreos (duh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, you don't run slow!!! I run slow! And it was my first marathon...SUPER slow!!! Maybe they just had so many and I got lucky!

      "And that is a good thing to be addicted to you"...does that mean you're addicted to MEEE??? Hahaha!!!

      I seriously haven't had an Oreo this entire year. :(

      Delete