Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday's jumble in my brain

I've been a bit more jumbled up lately.  Blame it on school, life, job, whatever.  I'm just busy...and jumbled.

I ordered my nursing pin for my pinning ceremony.  Now you peeps that are not nurses...Us nurses are so special we get a pinning ceremony AND an actual graduation where we walk and get our diploma.  Yup.  That's what hard work will get ya.  Two graduations for the price of one.  Some of my friends are not gonna walk at graduation.  I was like, "WHAT?!?!?!"  My parents are coming from out of town and I'm the first person to have an actual college degree in our family.  You can bet your ass I'm walking!!

Wouldn't you walk???




I'm currently addicted to Alex and Ani bracelets.  They make me happy.  I absolutely love every bracelet.  Here are just a few reasons:

-They are handcrafted in the good ole US of A!!  And because each one is handmade they are all    slightly different.

-They all have certain meanings and messages.

-Each bracelet they sell a certain portion of the proceeds will go to an American charity.  All different charities, and you even get a little card telling you which one.

-They are super cute, especially when you have several and you stack 'em!

-They are super affordable.

We have a local store here, and I cannot stop going there (okay, I've only been twice).  I bought my running buddy one for her birthday this week, and she loved it!!!

Here is a pic of the ones I have:



If you'd like to buy browse their website, go here. **  (They also make cute earrings, necklaces, and rings!)

I have surgery scheduled for Monday (first day of my spring break!!!) to release my joint capsule and remove the scar tissue that has accumulated.  I'm super happy about it.  I am so tired of waking up and my hand feeling swollen and stiff.  I even had a dream last night that I could make a fist!!  What?!?!  It was awesome, the tip of my pinky touched my palm.  (Yup, you're totally doing that right now, aren't you???)  I haven't been able to do that for like...oh almost 6 months!

So send good vibes to me on Monday around 1000 Eastern Time, I'll be under the knife and in a Versed induced dreamland...my favorite kind...



**Alex and Ani did not compensate me for commenting on their bracelets.  All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Actually I didn't walk for my bachelor's or my master's - my husband really really wanted me to but I didn't. I get bored at long ceremonies - lol!

    ReplyDelete