Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday's Random Thoughts and a measurement update...

I'm in a bit of a random-ness mood.  My mind has been jumbled all week.  You'd think my first week off of school I'd be all relaxed.  Well not really.  I have lots of things that need to be done before I start back in a few weeks.

I went mountain biking on Sunday with the boys.  I wrecked trying to jump a tree root.  Obviously the tree root won.  My left leg is all bruised and a little scraped up, but that's cool 'cause I think bruises are sexy, especially (only) if you get them doing cool shit like jumping tree roots.

It has rained every day since Sunday.  Well except today.  Oscar and I finally went out for a run this morning, I think we both needed it.  I am not afraid of the rain, BUT when it's raining sideways and lightning out, I'll stay in.  I was a little sore from the wreck, so it was nice to get all the junk out.

How in the hell did I miss that this week was Nurses Week?!?!  I mean seriously!  I've been a nurse for 11 years and this is the first year I forgot!!  Well kinda.  I did forget, but was reminded, so I made sure I called my mom and told her Happy Nurses Day.  Yeah, 'cause she's cool and a nurse just like me!  (I can say that because I was a nurse before she was!!  Ha, ha mom!  I love you!)


I saw this on someone's FB, and I stole it!


I've been cleaning out closets and getting rid of junk.  And organizing.  An OCD-ers paradise!

Tonight is J's final orchestra concert of the year.  I can't wait.  I seriously love it.  He's kinda glad it's the last one, but he is going to be in the orchestra again next year.  I think that's pretty awesome.

I went to Target today and bought these....

Umm, yeah.  Perfection in a cookie container.


Just when I thought Oreos were already perfect, they went and did this.  It IS my birthday month and all, so I HAD to buy some!!

J wanted his bathroom redone.  I've been trying to get him to change it for a while, but he never saw anything he liked.  Until Sunday.  So Tuesday I went back to Target and bought the stuff to redo it.  I think it looks all grown up.  He picked each item out himself.  Where did my baby boy go???

Before:




After:

Yes, that is a tag on the rug, and it is not longer there.



I'm already studying for my test that is on the first day I go back.  How awesome is that?  A test the first day back from break.  Nursing school is weird.

So about those measurements...

Yeah, they sucked.  I did them on the 7th, and I was not happy.  Of course I really shouldn't be surprised since my training numbers went down, but my running went up.  Guess that's what I get for going on vacation and being busy and too lazy to fit a workout in.  Oh well.  I've already biked more miles this month than last month, and it's only the 9th, so I'm gonna be fine.  But isn't it weird I ran more last month than in previous months and gained?  Hmmm....

Here it is, and it's ugly...

Thighs +1/2 inch
Hips   same
Waist  +1/2 inch
Arms  same  (thank goodness!!!)
Belly  +1.5 inches (yikes!  I was 'bloated' if you know what I mean...)
Weight  - .2  (Not sure how I lost a little...)

% body fat  -1.3%  (and I'm not sure how that happened either...)

So let me explain...

Okay, so there is no excuse really for the waist and belly...I mean I was bloated, but I didn't think it was that much.

The thighs did get bigger, but I don't think it's fat.  I'm not one to toot my own horn, but my legs are leaner now than they have ever been.  Maybe that's why my % body fat went down?  I dunno.  I do know it makes buying a new pair of khakis and shorts difficult...

So my numbers are weird.  I mean really.  I lost weight and  %, but gained in the middle.  How does that happen?  I don't have a clue.  I just hope next month is better...

So what do you think?  Do you think it's strange?
I know I do.  I'm sure it'll even itself out soon, but when a girl is a numbers freak, it's hard NOT to freak out!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think the numbers are strange too. But, numbers are strange in general... you'll just have to compare them to next month!

    Is it sad that I like the world shower curtain more ? Ha ha ha. I tried for awhile to convince my husband we needed that one :)

    Happy Nurse's Week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope the numbers go down!!!

    I LOVED the world shower curtain!!! I was sad to see it go! I would sometimes go in there while he was in the shower to check things out on the map, like where I'd like to travel to and how far something is from somewhere else....I felt like I learned a lot! Who can really say that about a shower curtain?!?!

    An thanks! It was a great week!

    ReplyDelete