Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Accountability

I feel the need to throw it all out there from now until mid May.  This way I am accountable for my actions, which help motivate me.

I have a rather awesome month ahead in May:

Mother's Day!!

I'll graduate nursing school!!  

My parents are coming to SEE me graduate nursing school!!

I'm going on a rather awesome vacation with the besty and her hubby!!  

My birthday WHILE I'm on vacation!!

Now which one is more exciting?  I honestly don't know.  I feel as though I deserve them all, and I love that they are all happening in one month!!

So since all of these awesome things are coming up, I feel the need to look awesome, because there will be LOTS of pics the entire month!!  

So what do I need to do?  Well I need to get my ass in gear.  For realz.  I've been pretty de-motivated for the past month.  March sucked to be quite honest.  The weather was crappy (it seriously snowed 3 times at least 6 inches!), I haven't been the normal "awesome" nursing student, and well I just have felt grumpy and had no motivation.

What did I do about it?  

I started taking a multivitamin and other vitamins for starters.  I felt better, not as tired all the time.  

And well, that's about it.

So from here until vacation, I'm gonna post my workouts from each week.  And I'm gonna start the "30 Day Squat Challenge" on April 1st.  

After dinner with my running buddy last night, we've decided we should to do the "Squat Challenge" since we need to "lift" our asses.  I don't have many options right now since the hand is still in therapy and I've only been cleared to run, bike, row, and any other workout that doesn't require me to use my hand much.  So squats are perfect.  

So who's up for the challenge?  It's only 30 days of squats! 

If you'd like to join us, here is the schedule:


I'm totally going to take a pic of day one and then of day 30 to compare.  I'm kinda excited.  

Okay, not really.  Mostly because I know that my legs are gonna hurt so bad I won't be able to sit on the toilet like normal.  You know what I'm talking about... you kinda like a hover over until you finally line up then you drop it like it's hot and hope you don't miss.

So that's the plan for the next 30 days.  I also have a friend that is making me a running plan to better my 5K time.  She is a super fast runner who in her spare time coaches people and love to make training plans...all while she is in nursing school!!  Where does she find the time??  

So April should be fun!  I hope to run more since hopefully since it is April, it'll be warmer!!

Are you up for the challenge?  Have you ever done a 30 day challenge?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! Are you going to use weights like the girl in the pic?!

    I am excited for your May, especially that trip that coincides with your bday!

    Hmm. We kind of made our own 30 day challenge in March - to only eat out 2x. Steven did it! I had some work lunches, but we did well! :)

    ReplyDelete